Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It's Been a While

Hello, folks. It's been quite a while since I logged on last. I am happy to report to you that my stressful events are over for this school year. The fundraising event that I was in charge of this year brought in more than $150,000!!! I am amazed daily by the students I teach. 40 high school students worked together to bring in more than $150,000 to find a cure for cancer. Truly amazing. I believe that proves the theory that truly anything is possible when there is focus and drive. The second stressful event that is now past is the prom. I am no longer in charge of that whole process. I handed those responsibilities to my best friend last year. But, because she is my best friend and I love her, I was stressed for her. The prom was a HIT!!!! The venue was awesome. The band was awesome. The students were awesome. This time of year gets tricky, though. I have to stay focused and try to keep spring fever at bay. :)

Peanut had her first soccer tournament this past weekend. She is 7, but she played with a 9 and 10 year-old team. She did so well!!! I know I am biased, but she absolutely blows me away with her skill. She is able to juke players 3 years older!! In her first game, she received the PLayer of the Game patch. This is quite an honor, as the opposing team gets to pick the player to receive the patch. I really and truly could not have been prouder this weekend.

Buddy had a big week, too. He took a nap every day at day care this past week. As his prize, he got a Power Ranger soccer ball. Hubby took him to the soccer field on Friday so he could kick the ball and run around. Hubby also gave Buddy a haircut. OMG!!! When BUddy came inside, Peanut told Hubby that he balded Buddy!!! Seriously, Buddy has no hair. Good thing he is super cute!!!

Oh yeah - Hubby's team won the tournament they played in this weekend. Good stuff.

I hope this post finds you well. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment