Saturday, January 30, 2010

Lazy Weekends


I love weekends. I especially love weekends when I don't have much to do. Winter weekends are really nice because Hubby has a break between soccer seasons, so we get to have lazy Saturdays. This winter Peanut has been playing indoor soccer, so we have had some responsibility. Her games have been so exciting. Who knew U-8 soccer games could be so fun? Hubby has been coaching her - he's such a devoted Dad. He's patient and that's something I'm not. Maybe that's why we're a good pair. :) Right now Peanut is playing with one of her good friends from her team. I think they have played together after every game this season. Hubby and Buddy are taking a nap together and I'm wrapped in my Sunggie watching Alabama basketball. Days like these are why I love weekends.

Soon enough we won't have these lazy days. Hubby's soccer season will be in full swing, as will Peanut's. And soon enough, Buddy will have activities of his own and the Mommy taxi will be on the road full time. But now I can enjoy snuggling with Buddy after he wakes up from his nap (he is grumpy as ever at that time - he has to snuggle for a while to wake up) and listening to the laughter of Peanut as she plays so carefree. Lazy weekends make me want to freeze time. Looking at my children and watching them grow up so fast makes me want to freeze time. My Mom tells me that time will only pass faster as I get older. Writing this blog helps me freeze time - posting pictures of Peanut and Buddy lets me look at them just as they were in that very minute the picture was taken - frozen forever in time.

Well, I've been awfully sentimental today. I'm gonna go now and enjoy some more of my lazy Saturday. I hope you enjoy yours as well. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment