Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Another Year Older


Birthdays are a fun time. Everyone pampers you for the day - you get cards, presents, people sing to you. Today is Peanut's birthday. She was born 7 years ago today. A child's birthday is an interesting day for a parent. There is so much reflection and remembering - first the day of the birth, then the memories that flood back of all the years prior. Where has all the time gone? I mentioned in a previous post that my Mom told me that time moves faster the older you get. My children's birthdays are serious reminders of that fact. My Peanut is full of sass!! She is lively and spunky and funny and smart. I really and truly cannot believe that she is 7. I really and truly cannot believe I am the mother of a 7 year old. I guess I can find some good in yesterday's news - maybe the braces will make me look younger. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment