Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Drywall Dust Everywhere

I was really excited about this DIY home project. Really excited. I think it is safe to say that the excitement has past. There is now a loathing for home renovation. I'm so close to the finish line - I can see it...really... - but I just don't know if I have the stamina to get this done. Oh, how I wish I could go to the money tree in the backyard, grab some dough, and hire someone to finish this project for me. But, alas, I cannot find the money tree. Oh well.

Hubby started back to soccer tonight. This is the time of year that I refer to myself as a soccer widow. I am basically spouse-less until May. Let me spill a little secret...there are nights that I enjoy the time by myself. After I put the kids to bed the house is so quiet, and I can be on my computer and watch HGTV with no eye-rolling from across the room. That said, I miss Hubby during that time, too. I also really enjoy nights where we are both home, both relaxing in our semi-finished great room. Just having him in the room with me relaxes me. I guess I could say I have the best of both worlds, so I will not complain. :)

Peanut is tearing up 1st grade. She makes a 100 on her spelling test nearly ever week, and she often gets all of the challenge words for bonus as well. These are words such as devious, consequences, unreasonable, amiable, and so on. I have juniors in high school that can't spell those words, and my Peanut can. She has quite the natural ability with school work. She has brought home 100s on her past three math tests as well. I am so thankful for her academic abilities, and I am also thankful that she really enjoys school. I hope that continues as she gets older. Somewhere between elementary and high school, most children lose their luster for school - I pray she keeps her enthusiasm.

Buddy is cute as ever. He went to the high school basketball game with me last night and he spent the evening charming the ladies instead of watching the game. I think we are going to have our hands full with him!! He might have hugged everyone in the gym if I had let him roam!

Well, enough of my random thoughts for tonight. Sleep well. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment